Thank you to all who gave one of the best gifts to the Kansas River this year – your comments opposing in-river dredging. Hundreds of public comments were sent to the Army Corps of Engineers opposing the recent permit applications, and all of us who rely on the Kaw for our drinking water (over 600,000 Kansans) and 173 miles of public recreation thank you.
Looking for a green gift? Consider giving a Friends of the Kaw Membership.
For $35 you could provide an annual Friends of the Kaw Membership to someone you know who may be interested in our mission of preserving and protecting the Kansas River.
- Members receive our bi-annual newsletter "Kansas River Currents" (mail or email) that provides information on float trips, volunteer opportunities, current advocacy campaigns and other related events and news.
- Members can sign up to receive information and announcements several times a month from the Kansas Riverkeeper via email.
- Members are always welcome to join scheduled float trips on the Kaw. We can rent available canoes or members are welcome to bring their own boats.
- Your membership helps to support the Kansas Riverkeeper, a non-governmental advocate who holds the community accountable for the health and condition of the Kaw.
- Memberships are tax-deductable to the full amount allowed by law.
Downloadable membership forms are available on our website (lower left “Join FOK”).
For questions about our memberships, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.